Blueberries are a favorite in my family and we enjoy this Blueberry Cake in the summer with fresh berries or off-season with our stock of frozen berries. Our nice sized patch keeps us with enough berries for the year and some to share. In July and August we enjoy fresh berries and our goal is to freeze 24 quart-size bags during our harvest so we have enough throughout the winter and spring.
Purchasing blueberries is not something that we do because the taste of homegrown organic berries is so much better!
This Blueberry Cake is easy to make and I often whip one up if I am expecting company. I try and keep a block of cream cheese in my fridge just in case I want to make one.
I think your family will enjoy the sweet and tangy taste of the Blueberry Cake and it will become a favorite of yours also!
- 2 c. Bobs Red Mill gluten-free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 tea. sea salt
- 2 tea. baking powder
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 c. melted butter (slightly cooled)
- 1 3/4 c. raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tea. vanilla extract
- 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 TBS raw sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven 350°
- Spray 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray.
- With KitchenAid or hand mixer beat cream cheese and slightly cooled melted butter until creamy.
- Add sugar, beat until combined.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beat until combined. Add vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt
- Add flour mixture slowly to wet ingredients until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Batter will be thick, pour and spread evenly in 9x13 pan.
- Combine topping of sugar and cinnamon and spread evenly on top of batter.
- Bake @350° for 50-60 minutes.