If you live in the NW and don’t have plans on June 4th or 5th, I would recommend a road trip to the Linn Country Expo Center in Albany, Oregon for the Mother Earth News Fair.
The Mother Earth News Fair is an annual event that has 6 locations:
- Albany, Oregon – June 4th & 5th
- West Bend, Wisconsin – July 9th &10th
- Seven Springs, PA – Sept 23rd-25th
- Topeka, Kansas – Oct 22nd & 23rd
The Albany Oregon Fair will feature:
- Claudia Lucero of Urban Cheese Crafts
- Jessi Bloom of N.W. Bloom EcoLogical Landscapes
- Cody aka Wranglestar
- Joel Salatin of Polyface Farms
There will also be over 150 speakers/workshops in:
- Animal Husbandry
- Green Building
- Modern Homesteading
- Natural Health
- Organic Gardening
- Real Foods
- Renewable Energy
- Kids’ Treehouse
You can find all the information at the Mother Earth Fair website. Order your wristbands online and save. If you pre-order your wristband the weekend pass is $20 per person ($30 @ the gate) or a day pass for $15 per person ($25 @ the gate). You should plan on attending both days so you can take advantage of the speakers.
Check out my Mother Earth News Pinterest board and see what I have found at the Fair in past years.